Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quilt #2




This is the quilt panel on which I learned to machine quilt. I used 2 different techniques, a swirly free stitching technique and a straight stitch. I'm sure those are not the technical names for what I achieved here. I still have to put on the binding, which I have cut into strips but not sewn together, and then this quilt will either go to Haiti, if we can find somewhere to send it, or it will go to the Mennonite Central Committee sale this summer.

I really enjoyed the transformative power of machine quilting to take a flat piece of fabric and give it texture, depth and puffiness! Wendy is the most amazing teacher and wait until you see the next project she has for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLogger Theme by BloggerThemes Wordpress by WPThemesCreator | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com